Jan 2, 2011

Nouns & Pronouns

Nouns represent :

a person

a place

a thing

an emotion

an idea



Example of Noun: 

 That man is an actor. 
That country is beautiful.
I use pliers to fix things. 
Everyone needs love.
I have an idea



Pronouns represent :

I
YOU
WE
THEY
HE
SHE
IT

Example of Pronouns:

I am a teacher.
Noun: teacher
Pronoun: I

You are a student.
Noun: student
Pronoun: You

He is a guitar player
Noun: player
Pronoun: He

She is a mother.
Noun: mother.
Pronoun: she

It is a radio.
Noun: radio
Pronoun: It

We are people.
Noun: people
Pronoun: We
(I + You) = We

+


You are students.
Noun: Students
Pronoun: You
Note: "You" can be singular or plural

They are a family.
Noun: family
Pronoun: They
"They" is always plural.
It can be used for people or things. 

They are wooden chairs.
Noun: chairs
Pronoun: They
"They" is a plural pronoun for the chairs. 



Singular:

I
YOU
HE
SHE
IT

Plural:

WE
YOU
THEY


By: Teacher Fahimah (^_^)