Jan 1, 2011

Adjective



 Adjectives are used to describe:

Color

Material

Shape

Size

Amount

Price

Quality

Origin

Personality

Weight

Temperature

Age

Direction

etc.

Some common adjectve ends are:

-ive
-ous
-y
-ful
-ent.


Adjective Usage:

  1. Adjectives are placed before the noun.
  2. The form of the adjectives stay the same for all types of nouns.
  3. Adjectives can be used with all forms of nouns

Examples:

Adjectives With Nouns:
  1. My teacher is really nice.
  2. I was teaching in a really big high school, while I was working on my master's degree.
  3. The university that my oldest brother is going to is really nice.
  4. The English teacher gave us a hard project to do this year.
Adjective With Verbs:
  1. Our English teacher is tall and thin.
  2. Our professor is a really nice man.



By: Teacher Fahimah